Friday, January 20, 2012

Intuitive goldenrod.

Early in the winter, I determined that the best way to turn my magenta cold-weather coat from frumpy to arty is to trim it with a slew of winter accessories in goldenrod. (Hey, in art school I learned that magenta and goldenrod go together. It's color theory, friends.)

So, above you can see one piece from my personal "goldenrod collection" -- and, of course, me, looking like a burnout. Nice matted hair, Shaggy, where's Scoob? But anyway, this is my new favorite hat, perfectly slouchy and cute and goldenrod (or, as the creative minds at Patons term it, "yellow"). Despite the openwork lace, which, incidentally, was really fun to knit, this hat is warm because of the ear-covering ribbing, thick wool, and sheer amount of fabric involved in the slouch. I modified a Rav pattern called "Intuitive," adapting for bulky yarn -- more accurately, worsted weight held double.

Next post will feature my Pescovegetarian Goldenrod (mysterious, right?). Yes, sharing a pile-up of knitting FOs means a series of blog posts with titles that look like Captcha "are you human?" tests.

0 comments:

Post a Comment