Friday, May 22, 2009

Purple knitted monster!

I made this little magenta mister on dpns with worsted weight yarn. His eyes consist of one homemade button* and one repurposed one. He's striped and a little crazed!

* I made a supply of polymer buttons a few years ago, and have enjoyed using them on baby sweaters and yarny monsters lo these several years, but my batch is pretty well depleted; that's why I'm making a new, even bigger batch. Buttons '09, baby. I cut and baked the new buttons yesterday and am gearing up to paint and varnish them later tonight or tomorrow... probably tomorrow, since the sun is on its way down and varnishing should be done out of doors.

1 comment: