Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cylon mittens will destroy you!

BacoKnitter's pattern for Battlestar Galactica mittens is about to become a priority, I will tell you that right now. Look at those mittens! Things of beauty! The backs ("So say we all") might have brought a little tear to my eye.

The fact that I am truly terrible at intarsia gives me pause, but... what the hell, I might as well give it the old college try. Better yet, the old art school try! One great thing about having gone to art school is that you become quite fearless about crazy, impossible projects. Intrepid, even!

At practically this very moment, I'm trying to convince a couple of friends (you and you!) to do a little mini-knitalong with me, for support. Of course, I'll understand if they opt out; that pattern* be crazy, yo!

Another day, I'll provide updates on things like My Mysterious Abdominal Pain and my baby's sleeping habits (I know, can you even wait?). For today, I'll leave you with a photo of mommy's little Cylon:














* Search for it on Ravelry. The pattern costs three bucks: the deal of the millenium.

0 comments:

Post a Comment