Friday, September 19, 2008

Not photogenic, but I like it



















Not everyone likes split pea soup, but thankfully none of those haters live at my house. The delicious, smoky flavor of split pea soup satisfies my rumbling stomach and takes me back to my midwestern childhood; Mom used to throw a big old ham hock into her pea soup (here's where I went to find out if "ham hock" was really the term I was looking for), and I use either liquid smoke or half a teaspoon of Bacos* to achieve that smoky flavor in my soup.

If you're on the fence regarding whether or not you like split pea soup, I hope you won't factor my photograph, above, into your deliberations. Split pea soup tastes so good, but looks so ugly!

* They're accidentally vegan! And they completely dissolve into the soup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment