Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back-to-school falafel














Falafel makes for so very satisfying a lunch. I love taking it to school with some olives, tiny tomatoes, clover sprouts, and, if life has been particularly generous, some roasted eggplant dip. And some bread--I like pumpernickel. Here are the falafel I made over the weekend, frying happily in their enormous pan. Once I figured out that you have to put some flour in the falafel mixture as a binder (I opted for chickpea flour), this recipe took a turn for the better. They turned out a little dense, but flavorful and nice. P.S. What is a falafel? It's a little patty made of pureed garbanzo beans, sesame paste, and all the best spices. A few of those wrapped up in a pita with some lettuce and tomato is also called a falafel. Anyway, c'est delicieux.

0 comments:

Post a Comment